“Alexandra Oomens luminous soprano stood out, soaring above the voices of her colleagues.”
London based Australian soprano Alexandra is a Harewood Artist with English National Opera. This season Alexandra has performed the role of Elise Maynard in Jo Davies production of The Yeomen of the Guard, and will also perform the roles of Frasquita in Carmen, and Lady in Waiting in Gloriana. This summer Alexandra will make her festival debut with the Grange Festival in their double bill of Gluck’s Orfeo ed Euridice and Purcell’s Dido and Aeneas.
With English National Opera, Alexandra has performed such roles as Josephine in HMS Pinafore, Musetta (concert performance), Pepik and Woodpecker (covering Vixen) in The Cunning Little Vixen, and Despina (cover) in Cosi fan tutte.
Further operatic performances include Musetta – La Bohème (Puccini, Nevill Holt), Barbarina – The Marriage of Figaro (Mozart, Opera North), Laurette – Le Docteur Miracle (Bizet, L’Orchestre de Chambre de Geneve), Zerlina – Don Giovanni (Mozart, Clonter Opera), Clizia – Teseo (Handel, London Handel Festival), with Royal Academy Opera; The Vixen – Cunning Little Vixen (Janàček), Semele – Semele (Handel), La Princess and La Chauve-Souris – L’Enfant et les sortileges (Ravel), Laurette – Le Docteur Miracle (Bizet), Tina – Flight (Dove), Cupidon – Orphée Aux Enfers (Offenbach), Damigella – L’Incoronazione di Poppea (Monteverdi), and with Pinchgut Opera; Dafne/Aurora – Gli amori d’Apollo e di Dafne (Cavalli), Isabelle – L’Amant Jaloux (Gretry), Lisel – The Chimney Sweep (Salieri), Alinda – Giasone (Cavalli), Childerico – Faramondo (Handel), and 2nd Lady and 1st Witch – Dido & Aeneas, (Purcell).
Alexandra has performed in various recitals and concerts with the Australian Chamber Orchestra, Netherlands Radio Symphony Orchestra, Pinchgut Opera, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Eroica Ensemble, and the Orchestra of the Antipodes, in such venues as the London Coliseum, the Concertgebouw, the Sydney Opera House, the Melbourne Recital Hall, and the Sydney City Recital Hall.
Alexandra is a graduate of the Royal Academy Opera Programme at the Royal Academy of Music, and is an alumna of the Georg Solti Accademia and the Académie du Festival d’Aix-en-Provence. Alexandra holds an Advanced Diploma of Opera, a Masters of Arts (Hons), and an Honorary DipRAM for outstanding performance (Royal Academy of Music), and a BMus (Hons) from the Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney. During her time at the RAM Alexandra was a RAM/Kohn Foundation Bach Cantata soloist, the winner of the 2018 Michael Head Song Prize, and a member of the prestigious Royal Academy Song Circle.
Alexandra has completed intensive language studies in Florence and Paris, as well as language training at Alliance Francaise and the Dante Alighieri Institute. Alexandra has also undertaken stage and film courses at the Actors Centre Australia.
Alexandra is represented by Ben Rayfield, Rayfield Allied.
James Robinson (Web Developer), Sarah Mangion (Graphic Designer – Studio Work), and Julie Ewing (Photography) for the design and content for this website.
- Lady in WaitingGlorianaBrittenEnglish National Oper2022
- FrasquitaCarmenBizetEnglish National Opera2023
- Elsie MaynardThe Yeomen of the GuardGilbert & SullivanThe English National Opera, Jo Davies2022
- MusettaLa BohemePucciniEnglish National Opera2022
- MusettaLa BohemePucciniNevill Holt, Mathilda Du Tillieul McNicol2022
- Despina (cover)Cosí fan TutteMozartEnglish National Opera2022
- Pepik / WoodpeckerThe Cunning Little VixenJanàčekEnglish National Opera, Jamie Manton2022
- Vixen (cover)The Cunning Little VixenJanàčekEnglish National Opera, Jamie Manton2022
- JosephineH.M.S. PinaforeGilbert & SullivanEnglish National Opera, Cal McCrystal2021
- Dafne / AuroraGli Amori d’Apollo e di DafneCavalliPinchgut Opera, Mitchell Butel2021
- LauretteLe Docteur MiracleBizetL’Orchestre de Chambre de Geneve, Stuart Patterson2021
- BarbarinaThe Marriage of FigaroMozartOpera North, Jo Davies2020
- ZerlinaDon GiovanniMozartClonter Opera, Martin Lloyd-Evans2019
- VixenThe Cunning Little VixenJanàčekRoyal Academy of Music, Ashley Dean2019
- La Princesse / La Chauve-SourisL’Enfant et les sortilègesRavelRoyal Academy of Music, Oliver Platt2019
- SemeleSemeleHandelRoyal Academy of Music, Olivia Fuchs2018
- LauretteLe Docteur MiracleBizetRoyal Academy of Music, Ashley Dean2018
- CliziaTeseoHandelLondon Handel Festival2018
- TinaFlightDoveRoyal Academy of Music, Martin Duncan2018
- Despina (core role)Cosí fan tutteMozartRoyal Academy of Music2018
- CupidonOrphée aux enfersOffenbachRoyal Academy of Music, Martin Duncan2018
- DamigellaL’incoronazione di PoppeaMonteverdiRoyal Academy of Music, John Ramster2016
- IsabelleL’Amant JalouxGretryPinchgut Opera, Chas Rader-Shieber2015
- ChildericoFaramondoHandelBrisbane Baroque, Paul Curran2015
- 2nd Lady / 1st WitchDido & AeneasPurcellBrisbane Baroque2015
- LiselThe Chimney SweepSalieriPinchgut Opera, Mark Gaal2014
- AlindaGiasoneCavalliPinchgut Opera, Chas Rader-Shieber2013